As of 2007, Oakland Park's population is 31,411 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 1.50 percent. See all of our Oakland Park demographic data.
The median home cost in Oakland Park is $334,500. Home appreciation the last year has been 22.60 percent. Find more data on Oakland Park Real Estate.
Compared to the rest of the country, Oakland Park's cost of living is 11.43% Higher than the U.S. average. See our full report on Oakland Park Cost of Living.
Oakland Park public schools spend $5,348 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 21.5 students per teacher in Oakland Park. Learn about Oakland Park Schools and Education.
The unemployment rate in Oakland Park is 3.50 percent(U.S. avg. is 4.60%). Recent job growth is Positive. Oakland Park jobs have Increased by 4.28 percent. See our full report on Oakland Park Economy.
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Oakland Park:
- KEISER COLLEGE (about 3 miles; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Full-time enrollment: 2,879)
- BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 4 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,747)
- ART INSTITUTE OF FORT LAUDERDALE (about 6 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 2,488)
- NOVA SOUTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; FT LAUDERDALE, FL; FT enrollment: 12,554)
- FLORIDA ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY-BOCA RATON (about 15 miles; BOCA RATON, FL; FT enrollment: 14,311)
- BARRY UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 5,780)
- MIAMI-DADE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; MIAMI, FL; FT enrollment: 25,323)
Public high school in Oakland Park:
- NORTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,185; Location: 700 NE 56TH STREET; Grades: 09 - 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Oakland Park:
- JAMES S. RICKARDS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,075; Location: 6000 NE 9TH AVENUE; Grades: 06 - 08)
- OAKLAND PARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 687; Location: 936 NE 33RD STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
- LLOYD ESTATES ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 643; Location: 750 NW 41 STREET; Grades: PK - 05)
Library in Oakland Park:
- OAKLAND PARK LIBRARY (Operating income: $720,574; Location: 1298 N.E. 37 STREET; 42,511 books; 570 audio materials; 1,343 video materials; 106 serial subscriptions)
User submitted facts and corrections:
- Nroth Andrews Gardens and Twin Lakes have been incorporated into Oakland Park and the population is now over 42,000.